Three things are important when we are sedentary, to occasionally raise the temperature, stretch properly and take micro breaks. Here are some suggestions on what you can do
Decorate an office with exercise equipment
Think already when the office is decorated that exercise equipment can be nice interior details and you can also use some of them as work tools, for example an exercise bike as a chair for a while at a raised and lowered desk.
Raise the temperature
Here are three exercises you can try to raise your temperature
- Do you have access to a staircase, walk 100 steps and preferably a mix of steps up and down
- Can you stand up, do a round with 15-20 regular squats
- If you want to sit, do 15-20 situps or leg lifts
- Do you just want to use your arms, grab the edge of the desk and pull yourself forward or push yourself backwards 15-20 times
Stretch your arms, neck back / forward and hip
Here are some exercises I think all office workers should do from time to time:
- Generally for the whole body – stand up, stretch as far up as you can and sway a bit like a tree so you feel it pulls properly in the upper body. Stand still and stretch for 15-20 seconds
- Specific for the neck – tilt the neck forward, backward and to each side. then turn your head left and right. Finish by looking ahead and moving your head back so you create as many weeks as ever go under your chin and then moving your head forward to stretch your skin as much as possible. Everything at a controlled speed is understood
- Specifically for the arms and wrists – stand next to the desk so that you can put your palms against the table, at the edge. Rotate the wrist so that it points away from you and lean back slightly so that it stretches properly. Hold the stretch for 15-20 seconds. Then place the backs of the hands against the table surface so that the arms point straight up and the fingers of the hands meet each other, swing slowly to the left and right so that it can stretch on the outside of the forearm. Hold the stretch for 15-20 seconds.
Breathe for a couple of minutes, Respiratory anchor is a good way to relax and focus