Table of contents
Sleep, to a large extent, is an effect of the balance between exercise, nutrition and recovery in a life puzzle where we also have to balance work, studies and just being private. Sleep is also recovery and such an important part of our sustainable health, so we treat its own health pillar.
How long is the period of time to go through the steps? 365 days.
- Create a good external condition
Try to keep it dark, cool and quiet in the bedroom. Let it be a place to sleep.
- Create a good internal condition
We believe that most people know that you should start cool down a couple of hours before going to sleep, avoid caffein and alcohol 4-6 hours before it is time to sleep, get some sunlight during the day and exercise at least with low intensity 2 hours before going to sleep.
- Sleep according to a schedule
Go to bed according to a schedule, a schedule that can be changed for more or less time in bed to see if sleep gets better.
- Create routines
This is about, for example, looking less at screens for a while before going to bed, maybe reading a book, turning down the lights or darkening the bedroom for a certain amount of time before bedtime.
We need sleep, between 4 to 11 hours per night, according to researchers at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, to recover and feel good. We also need to sleep well during the hours we sleep because sleep consists of the phases basic sleep, deep sleep and dream sleep, phases that run in cycles that are 90-120 minutes long.
Note that there is a lot more information and that we discuss only the simpler parts of sleep according to the steps above. Obviously, you should seek medical care if you have a more challenging situation.
What can be achieved with improved habits?
Depending on what and how you exercise you can for example
- become happier, stronger and more energetic.
- improve memory and ability to learn things.
- improve ability to concentrate and focus.
- cope with stress better.
- be less likely to be depressed or have anxiety.
- strengthened immune system.
- improve self-confidence, self-esteem and self-image
- reduce the risk of high blood pressure and diabetes
How do you do to get good and enough sleep sustainable?
One introduce it stepwise and it should be
- practical – it needs to work with the life puzzle, to raise the probability for support
- planned – plan for sleep
Do you want to know more?
Contact us to discuss more!
There are lots of sources of knowledge, here is a couple of sources we use in this site (in Swedish